- Auggie's Milliways room is a slightly scaled-up version of this:
- I don't care what it shows in "Half a World Away," Auggie did not escape getting blown up without shrapnel hitting his face. Personal canon is that he has faint scars on his left cheek, beside his right eye, and across his nose.
- "The Purple Heart is the only award the Army gives out for which you are not recommended but entitled, for being injured. I didn't think I was entitled at all. So I didn't tell anyone about it. ... When you're blind you forget things, like -- color. Faces. But I still remember that picture. Every face and every color in it. I guess that's why I still carry it around with me. Which -- probably sounds strange 'cause I can't see it. But I can. Crisp and vivid every day. It's the only thing I have from the war that seems pure, almost like . . . it's from a time of peace instead." --2.07, "Half a World Away"
- Past relationships:
- Natasha Petrovna -- dated for a year
- Liza Hearn -- dated for some six months?
- Franka -- flight attendant in "Half a World Away." Auggie promised to meet her in Barbados a year from that incident in Turkey.